Here's how you can fix tears in your favorite clothes (basic fix):
Materials: Sewing needle, Thread close to the color of your fabric, Damaged clothing
Tip: You can buy small sewing kits at Walmart and similar stores for under $5
1. Turn your clothing item inside out, and lay it so that the clothing is flat and that both sides of the tear line up.
2. Thread your needle by sticking an end of thread through the hole at the top
3. Tie a small knot at the far end. Loop the end of the thread around the sharp end of the needle twice, pull it down past the eye of the needle, and a loop will form, tighten that into a knot.
4. Pinch the fabric on both sides of the tear together, and stick the needle through the fabric all of the way and back up.
5. Sew in a zigzag shape pattern
6. When finished, tie another knot at the end!
Please try it! I promise it's worth the money that you save... especially as a college student!