Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Royal Feast

I am super super excited because after this awfully long week, I get to see my boyfriend tomorrow! He and his always tease me about how I don't cook, and I've decided to surprise him and cook him something! I've decided on a cute easy menu!

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds! We are planning on carving Pumpkins in the spirit of Halloween, so what better than to make use of the seeds! The way I make them: Clean off the "pumpkin guts", toss the seeds in your favorite oil, spread them out flat onto a cookie sheet, sprinkle on some salt, and bake for about 45 minutes at  about 325 degrees! Make sure that they are golden brown so that they are perfectly crunchy! The perfect thing to snack on!

Chicken Parm! I make this my own way! I bread the chicken breast, and cook it over the stove top. I add in the tomato sauce and cheese towards the end!

Baked Stuffed Potatoes! I am obsessed with these! You basically bake the potatoes, scoop out the insides, mash them with sour cream and other great stuff, and then spoon the mash back into the shell. AMAZING!

Side Cesar Salad and Italian Bread! Cesar is the easiest salad to make! Maybe someday I will learn to make Italian bread, but for now I will be picking it up at the market!

Halloween Cupcakes! I'm not sure what type of critters that I will make but I'm considering spiders! I saw this on Pinterest and they have candy corn fangs, and licorice  legs. They are really adorable!

I'll post some pictures when it happens! Hope this gives you some inspiration!

XoXo

Breanna Banana

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the cupcakes you make! I bet they'll be so cute!

    ReplyDelete