- Jackie O.Strength is not impossible to find in the face of darkness. The nation has been overwhelmed with senseless killings, but unfortunately this is not a new concept. Sometimes the media makes us feel as though things are changing for the worse, and that things used to be better. Simply put, this is not true- at least on the big scale. Human rights awareness is growing, homicide rates are going down.
However, we still want answers. We want to know why people are being senselessly murdered, and why in such a rich country, are our neighbors losing their homes that they worked so hard to build. WHY? I don't have the answer. There is not one single answer. It's a compilation of problems that may be solved but may not ever be solved. So what do we do? Here's my answer for now, for each individual person. To survive, you must at least find one source of strength.
- Mental Strength- Push negativity away with positive thought. Google inspirational quotes if you have to.
- Mind- Body Strength- Good health, nutrition, working out, learning about yourself through physical limits and pushing yourself.
- Spiritual Strength- Help others. Look to god, or to the power inside of yourself. Pray. Even if you don't believe in god- pray to your inner self for the strength to push forward. Meditate. Find a passion. Love.
- Family and Community- Look to your friends, family and community for support. Support them, bond with them. It's incredible the effects of bonding can have. Meet up with old friends, call your mother, help out at the school. In other-words, "apprivoiser", (as in Le Petit Prince) : create important bonds with people.