Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pinterest Inspired Glitter Keys

I saw the cutest post on Pinterest on making Glittery Keys, so this is not at all my personal idea (I wish I could take credit), however I tried it out and used my own personal style and colors! It was so neat and has been lasting me perfectly fine for weeks so I felt the need to share!


  1. Gather Supplies!! 
 Glue of your choice: Tacky glue, or Mod Podge might work great too, but I used basic school glue that I had handy!
Your favorite glitter colors! I used lilac and gold, I bought a three pack for $1 at the Dollar Store! Great deal!


    2. Paint- Taking the glue paint it on to the top part of your key NOT the part that goes into the door! 
    3. Shake- Tap the container of glitter all over the glued area of the key!
4. Wait- until completely dry! (about an hour!!) Otherwise it will smear
5. Flip it over- and do it to the other side.
6. Coat- both sides with clear nail polish or other finish of your choice to seal in sparkles and prevent them from coming off! I used clear nail polish by NYC which was inexpensive and worked great!

I hope you all have as much fun with this as I did!!
Happy Thursday!!
XoXo
Breanna Banana

6 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Just followed :) Check out mine at:

    http://lillylimes.blogspot.com

    ~abi jane~

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I'd be totally paranoid about getting glitter everywhere in my purse though! Have you found the clear coat actually does the job and seals in the glitter?

    Charlee Anne
    www.thepreppygraduate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clear coat really does work! I only had a glitter mess while making the keys but after they dried, they did not rub off on anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this. I didn't even realize my keys needed an update til now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this. I didn't even realize my keys needed an update til now!

    ReplyDelete