Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Princess Without A Crown

When I was a little girl, I made up elaborate stories, and played them out. Not only did they always involve being a princess, but also they were about a struggle to become a princess. My 6-7-8 year old self always started out as a peasant, or an orphan, or a maid of a castle who eventually became a princess. The funny thing was, I always used sneaky tactics, battled soldiers, and manipulated princes, but never once was I rescued by a prince. I guess that's not what Disney and fairy tales really taught girls... Cinderella had to find a way to get dressed for the ball, and escape from her evil step mother to try on the glass slipper. The prince wasn't the one to break her out of there, she did, by dreaming. I think this is what I modeled my young self-made fairy tales out of. My point is, you can achieve anything on your own, if you want it. My HHS senior quote is still one of my favorite quotes today:
"Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
 I leave that up to you to think about.

XoXo
Breanna Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment